Saturday, January 24, 2009

A City Girl is Born!!

I just moved into the city a couple weeks ago and it is a vegan's paradise. (A very expensive paradise but a paradise none the less) Downtown New York has more vegetarian restaurants in a block then then the entire city of Tallahassee (my former home). Last night, I went with a few friends to Benny's Burritos located at 93 Avenue A. Mexican restaurants are always a good choice, but Benny's Burritos was even better than expected. I got the non-dairy burrito and it was delicious!!! It had vegan sour cream. Although it didn't taste exactly like the real stuff, it really good. They also soy cheese that could be substituted in any dish.  The place was extremely crowded but also really fast. I loved it!  After that we headed over to Lula's Sweet Apothecary at 516 East 6th Street (Between Avenues A &B.) It was an old time ice cream parlour that only sold vegan ice cream. It was delicious and the people who worked there were extremely sweet. I had the cake batter ice cream with whip cream and a cherry. It tasted like the real deal. They had brownies that looked delicious too, maybe I will try those next time. If these places are representative of the vegan options in the city I will be in heaven! Please let me know if you have any recommendations for places to eat, shop, or visit that are good for vegans. Us vegans (and vegan sympathizers)  need to stick together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment